The owners of Premier Pharmacy & Wellness are a part of the community and remain committed to the principles of ‘corporate social responsibility’ and ‘good corporate citizenship’. The Pharmacy maintains a Charitable Giving program with the express purpose of demonstrating good corporate citizenship in the communities served by the pharmacy.
Through this Charitable Giving program, Premier Pharmacy & Wellness supports groups
and organizations that operate in the following broad community sectors:
• Health & Wellness
• Senior Care
• Arts & Culture
• Sports & Recreation
• Domestic Violence
Who Is Eligible?
The requesting organization must be a not-for-profit organization under the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code or a public school or educational institution. To be eligible for consideration, organizations must:
• Benefit the people in the communities we serve
• Acknowledge the contribution through appropriate marketing, advertising or public relations efforts
• Not duplicate or significantly overlap the work of public agencies on the federal, state or local level or duplicate services of other partnering organizations
• Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin or physical disability
• Comply with applicable laws regarding registration and reporting
Who Is Not Eligible?
Premier Pharmacy & Wellness does not provide funding for:
• Beauty pageants or parades
• Fraternal Organizations
• Individual Scholarships
• Requests for abroad travel, camps, or other individual enrichment opportunities
• Organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, or physical disability
• Research studies, unless approved by the Board of Directors
• Association memberships
• Organizations, projects or other activities outside the Pharmacy’s service area
1. All requests for donations of cash, goods or services must be
submitted in writing at least 60 days prior to publicizing the event. The requested amount must be specified in each application. Eligible applicants must be a not-for-profit organization or educational institution. The organization must have a clear mission or goal, prove it is efficiently organized and provide a needed service to the Beckley area. Specifically, the quality of the program, its service to the public, the size and type of constituency it serves must be included. The organization’s financial accountability and fund-raising practices may also be reviewed.
2. All funding requests are restricted to a period of one year. Premier Pharmacy & Wellness reserves the right to deny all requests for long-term commitments or multiple-year pledges. Area organizations may submit an annual funding request for the same project, however, approval for funding in a specific calendar year does not guarantee a charitable gift will be awarded in subsequent years. In addition, gifts may not be awarded at the same funding level as in previous years.
4. Preference is given to groups and organizations that can:
• Can demonstrate broad community support and involvement.
• Are working for the benefit of a wide range of stakeholders.
• Can demonstrate how the money or in-kind donation is to be spent and the expected outcome of the event.
• Can commit to acknowledging the Pharmacy’s contribution through the promotional banners, brochures, and posters. The Pharmacy’s logo should be included on
promotional materials as appropriate.
• Can commit to acknowledging the Pharmacy’s contribution through local media.
• Can commit to providing the Pharmacy with a letter following the holding of the event that summarizes the outcomes and benefits.
All requests should be submitted in writing to:
Premier Pharmacy & Wellness
Attn: Marketing & Sponsorships
520C Beckley Crossing Shopping Center
Beckley, WV 25801
Phone calls requesting donations or sponsorship support will not be accepted